Mar 22: Please check back. Currently reading, I fill in this post as I go along. RM
About the author:
- George Alder, wealthy mansion owner
- Corinne Lansing, George Alder's sister
- Dorley Alder, George Alder's uncle 19
- Minerva Danby, friend of Corinne, died while on Alder's yacht prior to story
- Dorothy Fenner, the negligent nymph who stole the bottle and letter, Corinne's cousin 25
- Carmen Montgomery, Corinne's maid
- Pete Cadiz, a beachcomber
Synopsis: Perry Mason is about to engage in legal proceedings against wealthy George Alder. He decides to look over Alder's island estate from a canoe at night. While doing so, he observes a woman (the negligent nymph) enter the estate, and run out and into the water, chased by a guard dog. Mason pulls her into the canoe and takes her back to her small yacht riding at anchor.
She has taken a bottle from the Alder mansion, containing a manuscript written by Minerva Danby, who had drowned while on Alder's yacht.